Washington is reimposing its indoor mask mandate starting Aug. 23 for all residents regardless of vaccination status as cases of COVID-19 rise in the state. Based on feedback from patrons, artists, and theater staff, Unexpected Productions require proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all audience members or proof of a negative COVID-19 test for exempted persons for all shows starting August 23, 2021.
As of August 23, 2021, Unexpected Productions will require proof of vaccination for entry to all performances at the Market Theater. Those individuals unable to be fully vaccinated, including children under 12, must have proof of a negative Covid test (taken within 72 hours of performance). Unexpected Productions staff will check for proof of vaccination and negative Covid tests at the doors as a condition of entry. Additionally, masking is required inside the venue. Patrons and employees will be required to wear masks, except while actively eating or drinking.
Vaccinations are also required for all Unexpected Productions’ artists and performers, staff, including tech crew, front of house staff, and back-office staff.
Proof of COVID vaccination is required for entry. Patrons unable to be vaccinated can show proof of negative COVID test.
A patron vaccinated against COVID-19 by a two-dose mRNA vaccine (such as Moderna and Pfizer), or a single dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson), is considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after the final dose of vaccine (the second dose for a two-dose regimen, or the single dose for a single-dose regimen). Documentation of vaccination status must be shown with valid I.D. upon entry to the venue and available upon request at any time.
The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination:
- Vaccination card (which includes the name of the person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date the last dose administered) OR
- a photo of a vaccination card as a separate document OR
- a photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device OR
- documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider electronic health record or state Immunization Information System record.
- Matching photo ID required at the door
- Self-reported vaccination records that are not verified by a health care provider cannot be accepted.
Patrons unable to be vaccinated, including children under 12, will be required to show proof of a negative Covid test within 72 hours prior to the performance, or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to the performance.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 test result:
- Printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) OR
- an email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory.
- The information provided should include the name of the person tested, the type of test performed, and the date of the negative test result (for PCR test, date of the negative result must be within prior 72 hours; for antigen test, date of the negative result must be within prior 24 hours).
Matching photo ID required at the door
Additionally, Unexpected Productions’ new COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy follows the recommendation by King County to require that masks be worn by audiences and staff inside the Theatre, except while eating or drinking in designated locations.
There will be no separate sections for vaccinated/unvaccinated patrons.